Faceted Jungle Panther Trophy
I started my first project after reading Krummey post about faceted trophies.
I found a free 3D model of a panther head, modified it a bit to ease the crafting.
I used blender (free 3D software) to modify the faceted model.
Please find the pattern for the panther head on my blog.
Tips for Crafting
Few tips I can share after 3 different trophies:
- use a paperknife to "pre-fold" parts.
- use a good glue, it will be way easier. I use 3M Scotch Gel Glue (green one), I guess you can find it worldwide.
- use a thick paper.I use 240g/m² and it works perfectly.
- assemble and glue the smallest part first, for the panther the mouth area is really hard to make!
- be patient! It's a long run to finish your trophy:)