DIY Fall Decor
DIY Fall Decor
Tis the season to begin decorating in the Autumn spirit. My wife had a genius idea to make decorative glass bottles to accompany our other Fall decor. Instead of throwing our Pumpkin Cider bottles away, she transformed them to fit nicely in our living room. They are incredibly easy to make, and we made two sets for about $25 (bottles included!).
Things you need:
- 4 glass bottles (we used Pumpkin Cider bottles from Aldi — $1.99 each)
- Burlap (ours had a decorative black print on it)
- Wooden letters (F.A.L.L.)
- Paint (to paint the letters)
- Fake leaves/flowers
- Decorative charms
- Hot glue
- Wire cutters
- Clean the labels off of each bottle. It’s easy to use Mineral Spirits, or just soak them in water for a day
- Gather all of your supplies for the project
- Take out your wooden letters and choose a color of paint
- Paint each letter — pretty simple
- Measure and cut a piece of burlap to fit completely around each bottle
- Hot glue the burlap piece to the bottle where it overlaps
- Decorate each letter with any gems or decorative pieces you have laying around
- Cut off several leaves/flowers from your bouquet with the wire cutters, and put aside
Put It All Together
- Glue each letter to the center of the bottles
- Glue the leaves/flowers/berries, etc. to the bottles as well
- There is no right or wrong way to do this; whatever looks best to you!
- GOOD JOB! You are done! Place on your mantel, use as a center piece, or give to your best friend for the Autumn season.
- Here is a black letter and brown letter version...